We would like to thank and congratulate all of this year’s participants for their hard work and dedication in sharing the stories of architects creating a Blueprint for Better in their cities and communities. Our team has reviewed all submissions, the finalists have been selected, and the judging panel is currently reviewing. We will announce the finalists soon, but in the meantime, we are happy to announce that the public voting period has officially begun!
Last year, the public cast more than 250,000 votes to select Paul-Vincent Alexander’s A Roof Of Their Own as the People’s Choice Award Winner and we can’t wait to see who will walk away with the award this year.
You can vote for your favorite submission on the Film Challenge site up until the October 7 deadline. The film with the most votes will receive $5,000 along with a screening at the upcoming Chicago Ideas Festival on October 18, complete with travel and hotel accommodations for two among other prizes. Click here to view all of this year’s entries and cast your vote!
Leveraging your audience
An extremely important aspect of the public voting period is promoting your film and leveraging your audience on social media. There are no restrictions on the amount you can promote your own film and you can vote every hour, which means it’s important to continually remind your audience up until the deadline the Oct 7. deadline.
Engage with your followers
- Build relationships with your audience by starting and joining conversations related to the AIA Film Challenge.
- When your followers engage with your posts, show them appreciation by liking, answering questions, and replying to their responses.
- Utilize #BlueprintforBetter in all of your social media posts.
- Engage with others using the AIA Film Challenge hashtag.
Remind and encourage
- During the public voting phase, encourage your followers to share and vote for your submission.
- Share your submission regularly throughout the challenge, and remind your followers that they can vote every hour.
- Add urgency to your posts as the deadline approaches.
Follow AIA Film Challenge profiles
Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Facebook: @AIANational
Sample social media posts
- “We need your help. Our film [film name] is up for a People’s Choice award for the AIA Film Challenge, and we need your votes! Click the link, and share if you can. Thanks!” (add link to voting site, and include video in the post)
- “Hi friends! Our film based right here in [community name] is up for a People’s Choice award in the AIA Film Challenge this year. Please help us by voting and spreading the word!” (add link to voting site, and include video in the post)
Email Challenge@cspencegroup.com with any additional questions about the public voting process